Dungeon Master's Battle Screen is a freeware tool for helping D&D 4e Dungeon Masters in managing battles. The tool reflects combatants initiative order, turns, rounds, hitpoints, conditions, allows to keep turn notes per combatant and other features.
The tool is based on 4th edition of Dungeons&Dragons® and runs under Windows XP, Vista with Microsoft .Net 3.5 SP1 installed.
This tool is primary a turn counter, however it helps to handle other battle actions. It visualizes the state of battle at any point of time, giving clear picture about next turns according actual initiative order.
Add an effect
Place new combatants
The tool is being developed and you can influence on future features. Please check the blog and leave your suggestions and comments there. Before suggesting have a look at future features and than write me what is more valuable for you or what is still missing in the wishlist.
As any other new software it may have bugs. Please report me about them to get them fixed.
- Visualized battle turns control
- All visualized actions are done according to D&D 4e rules.
- Quick monster overview during battles
- Monster powers recharge helping control
- Turn delays and ready action control
- Battles can be played over different sessions
- DM can enter complete monster data cards and store them in Monster Repository for next battles
- Alternatively, monster data can be taken from Monster Builder exported files (Adventure Tools)
- Similar to monster data, DM can enter simple player data and store it in Player Repository
- Alternatively, player data can be taken from dnd4e files (Character Builder)
- Before play session, DM can prepare the battles, constucting them from monsters and players. Monsters can be placed to the Pool and assigned to Waves for faster appearing.
- Each monster can be customized before battle (equipment, data etc.)
- DM can keep notes about each combatant
- Combatant conditions, ongoing damage and regeneration. Quick condition assignment. Cross-battle conditions.
- DM can select several combatants to perform an action (assign damage, condition or change state)
- Dice calculator for DM
- Quick battle summary (XP, loot, damage overview)
The Future Features
In next releases
- Monsters' power hints. Roll dices from power description details.
- Extra window for displaying initiative order (to be shown on second monitor turned to players).
In far releases
- Consider healing surges.
- Improve combatant grid layout
- Enable typed damage control, consider combatants' resistances, vulnerabilities etc.
- Provide extended stats to reflect powers used, crits made etc.
- Implement Finish Battle action.
- Enhance monster/player repositiories.
- Layout improvements.
- Traps and hazards
What feature you need? Suggest it!